Home > Artists > Illustrators > Kelly Guillory
Home > Artists > Painters > Kelly Guillory
Painter and graphic novel illustrator, author of Blood Money: The Road to Detroit. She has been very involved with the Detroit Design Festival from the beginning, and in 2012 was a driving force behind Hopscotch Detroit, a project that broke the world record for longest hopscotch course. Other graphic novels in her portfolio include Odyssey, Transhuman Resources and The Other World; on some of these she also has a writer credit.
Kelly Guillory's take on the Spirit of Detroit.
Detail of Kelly's portrait of Rosa Parks which exhibitied at Live Coal Gallery.
- The "Alumni" Exhibition, featuring one piece each from almost every artist who's gone through the Red Bull House of Art program. May 21, 2015 – September 6, 2015.
- Red Bull House of Art, Cycle 10. April 24, 2015 – May 16, 2015
- A Tribute to Rosa Parks & Gilda Snowden at Live Coal Gallery. October 24, 2014 – November 25, 2014.
- Capture: A Dialogue Between Paintings & Photographs at Corktown Studios. February 15 – 22, 2014.
- Laerrus at 4731
- The Dirty Show in 2013
- The In-Betweener at Bottom Line Cafe
- ...a few more going back to 2009...
- Alonso del Arte, "9 artists who live in Detroit", Examiner.com, January 6, 2015.
- Alonso del Arte, "Local artists succeed at Detroit Fanfare Comic Con", Examiner.com, October 26, 2013.
- Ashlie Dunn, "Student finds artistic 'icing on cake' through different mediums, avenues of expression", The South End, March 27, 2013.
No reviews yet.